Sunday, April 5, 2009

Machu Picchu and The Nazca lines.

When I was growing up and I started doing research on Machu Picchu, the ancient ruins in Peru. I was amazed as to how on earth people could build these enormous monuments that have lasted thousands of years. Some of the rocks used in Machu Picchu are as big as a whole room!  How could the Inca's possibly lift these rocks? Is a question that I often asked myself.

Machu Picchu


Cuzco


What about the famous Nazca lines? The Nazca lines are just as amazing as Machu Picchu. Why? And how did these indegenous Peruvian people do this? The only way to see these lines is from the sky. As far as we know there were no flying aircraft back then. So why do this? Who would see these lines?

Here are a couple of pictures of the Nazca lines.

Humming Bird


Condor


Map of Nazca

No comments: